Thursday, November 11, 2010

My life is full these days. Between work and college, I have the equivalent of two full-time jobs...not counting my duties as a wife and mother. This week, in particular, I have found that there is some distance between me and my heavenly Father. Partly, it is because time changed and my kids are waking up before the time when I usually have my quiet time with the Lord. I also started a temporary job that I really don't like that much. I've found myself being grouchy with my husband and my kids.

This morning, I awoke with a whisper in my heart and the word........remember. Shortly after that, the song "Roll Back the Curtain of Memory" started rolling through my mind. I opened up my Bible and turned to one of my favorite passages Colossians 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Life is a temporary arrangement. The people who are nearest to me are borrowed. My family here on earth is not an accident. God knew who I needed in my life and who I would need to be responsible for. Our lives here a full of troubles and trials. However, when I get to heaven, my family will be free from strife and overloaded schedules.

Greater than that is the knowledge that a perfect man with a perfect plan laid down his life for mine. Because he took my life to the cross, I now live through him. I can call God "Abba, Father" because Jesus Christ adopted me into the family. What a thrill!

The words of this song are so timely. "Remind me where you brought me from and where I could have been"........... Thank you God for the reminder of where my priorities lie.




No comments:

Post a Comment