Monday, November 8, 2010

Birds have Nests, Foxes have holes......


My friend and I were laughing recently. Apparently, our pastor was eating dinner with her and her family when he said, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."(Matthew 8:20) She said, "Wow, you're a poet". When he told her it was from the Bible, she was embarrassed and they all had a good laugh. It did get me thinking though.

Here I am, a wretched, hateful, unloving person, whom God had mercy on. In the last year, I very well could have been homeless if not for my parents. Now, I have a home, albeit not a nice one, a family, food to eat, shoes to wear, clothes on my back, and a job to help provide. I am very thankful for the comforts God has allowed me to have. In addition, I have a husband who is becoming more like Christ every day, children, extended family, and the best friends in the world.........and I don't deserve any of it.

Contrast that with Jesus Christ. What man was more deserving of glory? What man was more worthy of the riches of this earth? What man would have been a better husband, father, friend? And yet, during his time here on earth, he was denied every comfort. He literally did not even have a home. He WAS the homeless man on the street. He did not know where his next meal was coming from. Is it any wonder that he commands us to care for those who are in worse shape than us?

When he returns, it will be with all the splendor and glory that he deserves. What a Savior! Listen to this song. It pretty much describes how I feel about Jesus. If you don't know him, don't let the day end without surrendering your heart and life and laying them at his feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment