Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's

As I ponder all that has happened over the last year, I am amazed at where God has brought me from. I am so thankful for all that God is teaching me. I feel like I have entered a time in my life when God is growing me, training me, and purifying me. I love it!!!

He is convicting me to repair the breaches in my life. I have a mission and a purpose in my life. My direction is clear, even if the path to get there is not.

Earlier this week, I was overcome with the feeling that God does have a mate for me at some point in the future. I have prayed about it a multitude of times. I have been thinking about what I want in a future spouse; someone who loves Jesus Christ with everything in them, someone who loves their children and would be a Godly example to my children, someone who has a vision and a purpose for their life, and someone who is passionate about me and having a Christ-like marriage.

The thing is, God desires those qualities in ME. I need to ask MYSELF those questions. Am I loving God with all that is within me? Am I loving my children and being a good mother to them? Do I have a purpose and a vision for my life? Am I passionate about preparing for a Christ-like marriage?

You see, God is not so much worried about whether we are single, married, widowed, divorced, etc.......... He cares about our relationship with him. His ultimate goal is not our happiness, shocking as that sounds. Our purpose on this earth is to bring him glory. The only way to do so is to become his hands and feet. We can bring his love to others. We are the way he chooses to show himself to a lost and dying world. No matter where we find ourselves in life, we can always choose to be a servant. We can choose to let God be glorified in our lives.............

All my life I've heard these things, but now......I'm living it! My purpose, my mission is to seek God in ALL that I do.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths". That is my goal for this new year.

My prayer is that my walk with Christ will deepen to the point that, especially my children, will see the difference in me and will trust Christ too!!

I John 3:1-3 says, "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore, the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure".

In addition, III John 1:4 says, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth".

When you have a mission, there is always the temptation to lose focus. Please pray for me, that my focus will be on Christ and what he is doing in my life. I need strength and wisdom to live out the plan that he has for me. I pray that any distractions would be removed, and that the Holy Spirit will be my protector and will enable me to do every good work that God has designed me to perform.

That is my prayer for you too...

The most exciting thing to me is that, for the past few years, all that God has told me to do is to stand still and not grow weary. Now, his message has changed. Now, his message is for me to make HIM my husband. To move into the calling that he has on my life, and to a greater time of faith and learning to trust him, and to learn to hear him and follow him completely. This is a year of action rather than patient waiting. This is a year to move forward boldly in the power of the Holy Spirit and take back the land that has been stolen by the enemy in the past. Make no mistake about it, there will be battles. But God has caused flowers to bloom in the middle of the desert. He has taken my brokeness and pain and turned into a future and a hope that is unshakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment