Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dating..

So, the question was asked tonight at Divorce Recovery what it would take for me to date again....

I've been thinking about that lately. I guess watching the Andy Stanley series on Love, Sex, and Dating sort of makes you think about an entire HOST of things.

My first response was that the person would have to be passionate about their relationship with Christ.

The truth is, my views on dating and remarriage are in a state of change right now. Being a single mom with three kids complicates things as well. On top of that, I have bills that I do not have enough money to pay and my job is anything but secure. Not exactly every single man's dream girl!

There is something else though................ I'm really starting to enjoy being with........myself. As crazy as it sounds, most days, I'm having a blast just being ME. I don't have to impress anyone. I don't have to answer to anyone. I can go hang out with my friends for hours and don't have to call anyone. More importantly, I am free to serve wherever and when ever God leads. If I want to volunteer somewhere I can!!

Some days, life is incredibly hard. Some days, I don't know how I'm going to make it to bed time. Some days, I get extremely lonely for companionship and all that comes with it. But, God has proven himself faithful to me. He is there with me through it all.

If, some day, he chooses to bring me a husband, I'm open to that. But, I'm complete NOW, and that is a GREAT feeling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment